add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bottleneck due to M.2 and graphics card combination ?

mnj11

37 months ago

Hi guys,

Here's my configuration:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/DKQVD8

I've already ordered the case, mobo, RAM, and the M.2s. The mobo and RAM were on sale and I got an excellent deal on the M.2s from Microcenter. With the current configuration, I am wondering if there will be any bottleneck due to the M.2 and graphics card combination. I've been reading about the available lanes and how there could be a performance hit due to the graphics card not getting enough bandwidth. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks !

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Run a Benchmark or Two and see if your Graphics performances is degraded compared to others with the GTX 1070..

That Motherboard is really Packed with Features.. Not sure I've seen one with 3 M.2 slots before..

From looking at your parts list I'd say that Rig should be able to Crush about anything....

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks, looks like there's not much of a performance hit...I guess, I'll figure out once everything is up and running.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube