add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1000 gaming build - how is it?

snoopers

37 months ago

This will also be my first ever time building a computer if purchased http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jymqhq

only thing im worried about is storage. i went cheap because all i really want the ssd for is to boot windows. i think the 1060 3g variant should be good with the 1060 6g being the 2nd option, i dont think there will be any sort of problem pairing it with the 6100

i like the keyboard because of the rgb but i was wondering if there was anything better for a little cheaper so if u could reccomend that that would be great.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Usage? Budget?

I mean it looks good but do you really need those two monitors? One should be fine and that cpu will bottleneck you HARD.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

usage - in the title. budget - $1000, games such as bf1, infinite warfare, casual video playing, and a lot more games... I looked up some benchmarks and it seemed to run well as far as im concerned for bottlenecks. and two monitors is important to me because i like to feel organized and watch youtube while i game.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're trying to multitask by streaming video, etc while gaming, I would say try to fit an i5 into the budget. In more CPU intensive games the extra 2 cores will help a lot, especially when multitasking. You don't need an aftermarket cooler with a non K CPU, so you can cut that 30$ there. There are other changes you could make to stick to the 1000$ budget and fit that i5 in. Something like this maybe.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $194.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI B150M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $67.98 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $46.99 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $38.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $37.00 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING Video Card $198.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $55.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $46.97 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $84.89 @ OutletPC
Monitor AOC G2260VWQ6 21.5" 75Hz Monitor $119.99 @ Best Buy
Monitor AOC G2260VWQ6 21.5" 75Hz Monitor $119.99 @ Best Buy
Keyboard Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard $26.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1069.55
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $1039.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-06 19:21 EST-0500

Dropped the CPU cooler. Changed to a cheaper, but still good quality PSU. Case and mobo changed to mATX form factor. Pretty much the same price while improving performance.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice. Would have suggested the same stuff.

Also you can watch youtube while gaming without two monitors... and if you do that you fully experience neither.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, like the build, but probably be changing the case and keeping the rest. Thankyou!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube