add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Recommendations for this gaming build

jreadmma

37 months ago

Are there any cost efficient changes or just things that you would recommend? I already own the Caviar Black. I'd like to keep it around this price, around $50 more give or take. SSD is for OS/Boot, I'd prefer to keep an optical drive, and I currently require Wi Fi. If there is a part that you MUST recommend that goes well over, I'll be open to it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hfzNvV

I'd like to upgrade over time(just when it can't 60-50fps at modest settings) so is there anything here that would hamper that? I don't expect an answer for this, just if there's anything serious worth mentioning.

Thank you very much! I am new here so hello to everyone! I look forward to learning more

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure about the mobo (not my area of expertise) everything looks pretty good.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't need a 750w power supply. A 550 or a 650 watt will do just fine (650 if you intend to upgrade). And if you are willing to fork over 25-30$, then I would definitely recommend the Samsung 750 EVO 120gb. It's an overall faster SSD.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help guys

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube