add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Budget gaming rig thoughts

lilmac

37 months ago

Curious as to community thoughts on this, a couple of friendly users helped me out in making it. Software wise I'll probably use the Win7 key from my old dinosaur to save on costs. (Btw I am praying this link works).

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/user/lilmac/saved/yKBwrH

Wondering if there are better suited/cheaper graphics cards for running non-demanding games like LoL and Unturned? Am I getting the most bang for my (small) buck GPU wise?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks fine to me. The RX 460 should handle games like lol fairly easily. The igpu on my i5 6500 gives me 60fps at 720p so the 460 should butcher them. I played Unturned for a bit earlier this year, and the igpu in my mac managed to kinda handle it as well, so it should provide enough power. The other question though, is it better/worse than the GTX 1050/ti? The 1050 usually gets around 5 more fps on 1080p, and the 1050ti ten more than the base 1050. So, it depends on how close pricing is from your preferred shop. Hope this helps :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feedback! There's a 460 auction on on the NZ version of eBay (TradeMe) that ends tomorrow, one bid at the moment for $130 brand new. Will probably try and get my hands on it if it stays that low otherwise look at getting a 1050.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That being said, if you don't manage to get the 460 in the auction, AMD is releasing a card between the 460 and the 470, the RX 470D which should provide some interesting competition in the coming months around that price/performance point. Also check prices for the GTX 1050. If it's not that much more expensive, the 1050/ti is more power efficient and has better performance.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on their budget. If they're looking at a 460, they might not have it in them for a 470.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh **** I missed that detail

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The OP was suggesting the the 460 may have been too much power and too much price, so why are you suggesting a GPU that cost even more and has more power?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry I missed that detail lol

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube