add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
schlosau

37 months ago

I just wanted some opinions on the PC I built and if I should change any parts. Any suggestions or opinions are extremely appreciated.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2MmDJV

I don't know much about computers but I'm trying to learn. I also have a 1TB HDD and I'm not too concerned about memory at this point as I will probably upgrade at some point.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

What is this for, because 32 gigs is probably more than you need

You're already getting a CPU cooler and your mobo supports an overclockable CPU, you should probably get one, they end in a 'K' for example the 6600k

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Whoops, wrong part, I meant to add the 16GB not the 32. This is going to serve as a workstation and gaming computer, I want it to be able to perform well and not need to be upgraded for a while.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

By overclocking you typically extend your lifetime by squeezing some more performance out of it, so overclocking would be a good idea if you don't want to upgrade for awhile

Kaby Lake is rumored to come out somewhat soon, although I haven't been following it too closely, it is the next generation of CPUs and could be worth the wait

I would recommend a PSU like the EVGA G2 or Corsair's RMx series that have long warranties and are reliable products

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube