add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
FalconCraftGaming

37 months ago

This is my first build and I really would like a opinion on this list! This build is for gaming (Minecraft, CS:GO and other 3D steam games), and 3D rendering, photoshop etc. (Also if someone could explain the 970 motherboard bios update that would be sweet) :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/PYDhjc

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Horrible CPU, motherboard, and CPU cooler combo. Also you don't need AS5 plus its not good. Also too much for that case at $60. Also I'm doubting you need a optical drive.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $236.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler $19.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock Z170A-X1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $91.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card $379.99 @ B&H
Case Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1012.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-07 20:17 EST-0500

It has a much better CPU once you overclock it, it would get close to i7 6700 performance in mutli threaded tasks while stupidly good in single threaded tasks while the FX CPU you would be stuck at stock speeds due to the crappy cooler and even with a cooler like the M9i you could maybe get 4.5ghz at the best and even if you got somehow 4.9ghz it would still be worse than the i5. It has a much much better case, fast RAM, and a bigger PSU. Not to mention you could upgrade to a i7 6700K down the road.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry I'm an idiot that's new to this but doesn't over clocking reduce the life of your cpu plus what does the i5 even overclock to? Do I need 650 watts for a 350 watt PC? Looks like the gfx card doesn't fit in this case? Also how do you load the operating system if you don't have a optical drive?

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

doesn't over clocking reduce the life of your cpu

Your CPU will be oblslte before you have to worry about the lifespan.

what does the i5 even overclock to?

CPU's aren't made equal, some are better overclockers than others. Most can do around ~4.6Ghz.

Do I need 650 watts for a 350 watt PC?

You would be using even 350 watts. The 650 watt one is currently the same price as the 550 watt one so why not get it.

Looks like the gfx card doesn't fit in this case?

It fits in the case.

how do you load the operating system if you don't have a optical drive?

By USB. Its faster and cheaper or even free if you already have a spare flash drive. It

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

"The Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 395mm long, but video cards over 280mm may block drive bays. Since the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card is 298mm long, some drive bays may not be usable."

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

It fits. That is if you would use the drive bays above the basement which are optional and something you would likely never use and even then it would only block one.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh alright tysm

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube