add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming PC (FINALLY GOING TO PULL THE TRIGGER)

alex101087

37 months ago

Hi guys,

Please can I get a bit of advice.. about to pull the trigger on a brand new gaming PC; I have flirted with the idea for a few years now, and haven't built a rig since '07.

Here is the parts list..

My Prospective Build

My budget is about £800 which this just comes in at.

Note I am in the UK so Brexit has somewhat shafted the £..

Thanks in advance for any pointers or changes you think I should make.

I want something that looks sleek, is m-atx sized, and powerful enough to have a bit of longevity. Does this do it or anything you think should be different.

Regards,

Alex

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

any specific reason for the Asus blower card ?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

No not at-all mate, can you recommend better at the same price or lower?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

This or this

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, the MSI one there keeps in with the white and black theme.

Apart from that does it look ok to you? What about noise wise on the face of it?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The only thing I can think of getting loud is the Intel stock cooler. A be quiet! Pure Rock solves that problem.

That MOBO has the M.2 port on the front under/beneath the GPU slot - your M.2 card is blue. Maybe that's any issue in aesthetics.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I will be able to buy a cooler in the near future.

Yeah I noticed the colour difference, possibly I should go with an SSD as opposed to an M.2 in that case.

Thanks for all the advice. Case looks nice.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rxyx2R

I think this build is considerably better performance for the price. I didn't go for the Fractal, as I think they are overpriced for what you get.

Considerably better PSU and GPU

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Considerably better PSU

Ehhh I would say considerably better although it is better.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

That is a nice build. However, it might sound daft but I need to sacrifice graphics card power for the aesthetics of the rest of the machine.

I will think twice about the case and PSU though.

Thanks again!

Alex

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube