add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Motherboard for i5 4670K and GTX 770 WITHOUT Overclocking

sebbie88
  • 79 months ago

I don't know anything about overclocking and don't really want to bother with it. I may at some point think about adding a second GPU, but most likely not. I'm not quite sure what other specification you guys need to help me, so please comment below if something is missing. Thanks so much for your help!

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

If you aren't going to overclock then why a K series CPU, just grab a asus H87 pro or one of the H87 boards, they are much cheaper then the Z87 and just don't support overclocking.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the K at the end mean it is overclock-able? Thanks a lot for the motherboard recommendations!

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep it means its unlocked for overclocking, if you aren't going to overclock save a couple $$ on the motherboard and cpu :)

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks a lot! Perhaps I shouldn't be so opposed to overclocking though, as a good cooler may mitigate the heating-related wear&tear. Will I need the extra-power for any current (or near future) games on max settings and a 1080p resolution?

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

You shouldn't NEED the power. It's nice though, and if you are open to it I would recommend doing it. What is your budget for a cooler, and what is your budget for a motherboard?

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Overall I would like to stay below $1000 and expect to spend maybe 60 on cooling and up to 150 on a motherboard. I have this so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2dFyC

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Well you will be spending around 50$ extra for the K series/model and motherboard not including the cooler. The GPU is great for 1080p, but I would suggest you get a 120gb ssd and possibly a 770 (not sure anymore about what GPU you are considering the part list you posted didn't have it), that depends on you EDIT: prices changed on K and Z87 since I bought my stuff witch was in the summer so go for it.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

I definitely agree on the 770. Fine, 770 it will be. And I guess I could also be convinced about the SSD. For $20 I get 128 instead of 64. What will I do with that additional fast-access space though? I thought just having windows on the SSD and everything else on the slower harddrive should suffice.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube