add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

jonnyGURU EVGA 1000 G3 review

PureBlackFire
  • 41 months ago

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Not bad, but if they just used in house capacitors (probably hard to do with size) and made it $10 cheaper, they would have got a 10.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the prices are fine. these are the same as the G2 MSRP. they'll likely go down to the same point the G2 models sold at on average. the 1000 watt is already cheaper than the 1000 G2 at $159.99. I find it odd to take a point for in cable caps when they didn't do the same for the RMx/RMi units that have identical, stiff cables with caps in them. guess this is post Seasonic Prime scoring though. makes sense. the most impressive thing about these is the size and the change from ball bearing fans. even if this was the old leadex (these units are leadex II) with a FDB/HDB fan and small dimensions that'd been the best go to choice. companies under estimate the usefulness of having the psu not eat up a crap load of space in the bottom of a chassis.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep its amazing.. I think that point for in cable caps makes no sense....

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow. The size of that unit is very very impressive. Is this coming out in 1200 watt capacity by any chance? Can't find any details.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

don't know about 1200 watts. but to have good, high end 850 and 1000 watt units this size is great.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Fingers crossed, would be my perfect unit. But yep, impressive work by superflower to get a 1000w unit with impressive specs in such a small form factor. Also nice to see they made the jump from ball bearing based fans.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep 150mm is freaking small.....

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a major size improvement compared to the G2.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube