add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What do you think of my build?

Patrick4325

37 months ago

Ok so i am a beginner pc builder. I have always been fascinated to do a build. But never had the brains to do it. Now I think im smarter and I might be able to give it ago. Would this PC be enough to run GTA V and Rust and Ark and Minecraft on it in full settings without lag? And does the network adapter mean I can have wirless internet? And note this is a base build. I might try to make it a bit cheaper if can so give suggjestens if im going to over board and what I should use.

Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ASRock X99 Taichi ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card NZXT Phantom 530 (White) ATX Full Tower Case EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Pioneer BDC-207DBK Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full 32/64-bit Asus Xonar DGX 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card Asus PCE-AC68 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Lag has nothing to do with frames per second. If you have a good router and a good wifi card, you shouldn't have lag. Should be able to run those games, yeah. Next time, try and post the link as reading it like this is cancer XD you could have picked a budget, looked at build guides, buy the ****, and build it with a LinusTechTips video.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean everytime I try to play games on the pc I have now. I cant move or anything and it crashes and freezes. Thats a good idea! Instead of going all out I need to make a budget. Good idea. Im thinking around $1300 or something like that.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't need an i7 for gaming, especially not x99. If your only playing at 1080p an i5 6500 + GTX 1060 should be all you need.

64GB of RAM is a total waste.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That's way overkill, dude. Also, you don't need that much RAM. 16GB is considered overkill.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, if it's a $3,000 build then go for it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube