add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with this Build Australian $1000 AUD

techies101

37 months ago

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/7jfF4C

I wanna go with this build for gaming.

I have a few concerns

GTX 1060 3GB or Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB Video Card ?

Which will last me for the next 4-5 years in gaming they have similar cost and some websites say GTX 1060 3GB is better even though it has less V-ram

i5-6400 or i3-6100 ?

i5 is quad core but most website say i3 is very similar.

For SSD which one do get ?

I want SSD because it will improve the load times and that is the only reason but not sure which one to pick

Building guide

Can anyone link me a good building guide, this is my first ever build so i know nothing. Their is alot of building guides on the internet but i want one that is for the parts i have

When you make changes to the build please keep it very close to $1000 AUD.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 1.New AMD cards get better over time, as DX12 and Vulkan are becomming a thing.
  • 2.Both will do, but my guess is the RX 480 will do better
  • 3.The cards function in different ways. The GTX series works like a high frequency needle, whilst the RX works like a shotgun.
  • 4.It depens on the games you play. In some games (DOTA / LOL) the i3-6100 will give you nearly similar frames to the i5-6400, but games that want 4 cores will put out significantly more frames with the true-4-core i5-6400 / 6500.
  • 5.Get 120GB OCZ Trion 150
  • 6.See 5
  • 7.comming soon...
  • 8.comming soon...
  • 9.See 7 and 8
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks !!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube