add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
CoLiNaDE

37 months ago

It´s the first time that I´m going to build a pc myself. Id like to hear your opinion on this build: Thanks in advance:D

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor €348.54 @ Mindfactory
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler €21.99 @ Amazon Deutschland
Motherboard ASRock B150 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard €101.34 @ Mindfactory
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory €92.39 @ Amazon Deutschland
Storage Sandisk SSD PLUS 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive €117.95 @ Amazon Deutschland
Video Card Palit GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card €275.10 @ Amazon Deutschland
Case Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case €56.49 @ Amazon Deutschland
Power Supply be quiet! PURE POWER 9 400W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply €55.90 @ Amazon Deutschland
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €1069.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-09 18:01 CET+0100

And another question: Should I go for 4x4gb ram sticks or 2x8gb with this pc? 4x4 looks a lot better in my opinion. But does it affect performance?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Well, I was going to let somebody else answer to avoid a scenario where I give you the wrong one, but it seems as though I have to step in. First off, I don't believe you can OC on a B150 chipset, you need a Z170, so you can save yourself some money by purchasing the the locked 6700. You could also save a few more dollars by getting rid of the CPU cooler, locked CPUs come with a stock one. Or you could upgrade you motherboard to a Z170 chipset if you do plan on OC'ing. You might want to add a HDD for more storage, depends on your needs. As far as RAM, I believe that two of the RAM sticks might run slower, but by a very, very, very small difference due to not being in the A2 or B2 slots, but 4x4 sticks is more reliable and fail-proof in the case that if one dies, you lose 1/4 of your RAM, not 1/2. I'm also not too sure on that PSU, haven't looked into it. Hope this helps, and here are a few builds that I tweaked.

Overclock ready: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/8HddxY

Non overclock ready: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/HbBGxY

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Okey thanks a lot :)

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

If this is for gaming you would be better off downgrading CPU to an i5-6500/6600 and upgrading the 1060 to a 1070.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

A fair argument, here you go.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/F3zhKZ

Also, I switched the case due to the original not having any internal 2.5" bays, so no space for the SSD. Also the 1070 would block off 3.5" bays for HDDs, so I just got this one. If you don't like it just tell me, I'll find something for ya.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

There aren't true 2.5" bays but the 3.5" ones have mounts for 2.5" disks on them. The Fractal case will be much nicer I am sure regardless.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Also for $30 more you can get the overclockable version (i5-6600k) and get a Z170 overclocking motherboard for the same price, or less than that B150 like this: MSI Z170 Krait

Though not as pretty THIS would make up for the $30 on the better cpu.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

If a color matched build is what you are going for and it doesn't have to be black/red here is a part list. Black/red motherboards are usually more expensive so I was basing this off getting you the best cpu/motherboard combo at the same price and basing the color theme off the motherboard. You obviously have tons of case options.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor €241.94 @ Mindfactory
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler €40.00 @ Amazon Deutschland
Motherboard MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard -
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory -
Storage OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive €117.89 @ Amazon Deutschland
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card €449.00 @ Amazon Deutschland
Case Inwin 303 White ATX Mid Tower Case -
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply -
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €848.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-09 20:32 CET+0100
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Okey thanks to all of you. You helped a lot. The pc is going to be used for gaming, programming, vm ... So it should be a goof allrounder. Thanks again

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube