add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

FINAL ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE- HAVE I NAILED IT?

Ricky685123

37 months ago

Folks

Following loads of excellent advice from you guys - have I nailed it with this build?

Main uses - HTPC / couch mid level gaming COD FPS etc / entry level VR / hooked up to 4K TV and Denon 4K 7.2 channel receiver

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rD266X

Is the GPU suitable?

Also compatibility flag with the m.2 ssd - added for quick boot for OS!

All suggestions, comments and advice greatly received

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That Samsung M.2 SSD is a waste of money, it will provide zero noticeable difference over the Mx300. I would also suggest the Scythe Fuma for only a bit more and it is insanely better, even better than the D15.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair one on the Ssd, appreciated will edit list. Is the Fuma quieter?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It will be a bit louder since it has two fans that aren't as quite a good but it is still a really quiet cooler, its only a couple db louder than the famous D15.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I can live with that, list updated. Other that the a solid build for my needs?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I would get a HDD but besides that yes.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

CPU cooler changed. Ram was on advice would 2x8gb better?

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the ram was on price point. Can change for 2 x 8gb. M.2ssd has gone on advice of vagabond, will add a regular hdd later when the wallet recovers. I take it the Mobo's are basically the same then?

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point
[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

They will fit under it. I have the same cool model of RAM with the Fuma. All you gotta do is raise the front fan up some and you will have to raise up no matter what the RAM is unless you get some with no heatsink/heatspreader on it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube