add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I have a few questions...

Patrick4325

37 months ago

Ok so I have a few questions on my new PC build. PC link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/YpQc4C

1. Does it come with sound or do I need to get something for sound. I am willing to get speakers but is my mother board compatible?

2. Is the wireless network adapter required for internet Or is it built in?

3. Is the graphics card really $750 dollars? Its only $1000 buck total on the PCPARTPICKER total.

4. To be clear once more, Can this system run every game in 1080p?

5. I have a dust problem at my house is there a way to stop my new pc getting dusty inside?

6. And I see my internal hardrive. Looks like it has a disk drive? Does that mean I dont need to buy a dvd reader?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Nothing in the list is capable of producing sound on its own. It needs speakers to make sound. The motherboard's audio codec will definitely support sound, as long as you have speakers to actually make the sound

2. Wireless adapter is required for Wi-Fi connection. The motherboard only has wired ethernet built in.

3. The partlist total comes up to 1000 because the specific model of the 1070 you chose does not have price listed. These all do have prices listed, and prices start at 594 AUD: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=369&sort=a8&page=1

4. Yes, but a GTX 1060 is capable of maxing most titles at 1080p and it costs quite a bit less

5. The P400S case in your list has pretty good dust protection. I wouldn't be too worried.

6. No. Not at all. The internal hard drive is only storage. It has "disk" in the name because of the electronic method used to store data. The drive does not include an optical disk drive of any sort. If you need to use CDs or DVDs with the computer, you would need an optical drive, which is not supported by the case

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Will this new setup http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/LRXMwV run 1080p games at atleast 60 frames per second? Is this new case dust protected aswell? And is it optical drive compatible I think it is but just double checking. Do you think I will notice any lag or freezing and crashing on games like GTA V Ark and Rust? And this mother board is wireless internet support isnt it?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That case does have good dust protection.

The CPU/GPU combo will be fine to run most games at ultra settings around 60fps. Some of the super demanding titles (usually used in benchmarking the super high-end tech) won't be able to get 60fps, but it is because of poor coding, implementation, or other things that a stronger GPU can't necessarily overcome.

The Optical drive will work fine.

The motherboard itself doesn't have wireless internet capabilities, but the expansion card in the list is capable of wifi support. If you add that wifi card to the motherboard (similar to how you add a GPU to a motherboard), then the system will be able to use wifi

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube