add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Your help with my fist gaming pc

LucNieuwenhoven

37 months ago

I have made a list of parts that i think are good for the price on my pc. It will be the first gaming pc i will ever built so i want somebody's opinion. Btw is the power supply really good enough for this built? Here is my list of parts----> http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Bt9yVY

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

It looks pretty alright overall. My personal preference is to prioritize an i5 before GPU power, but everyone's approach is different.

The PSU, though... It should be acceptable and I don't expect you'd run into any problems, but I also don't see it lasting very long. It's definitely of marginal quality, to say the best about it, and there's no telling if the eventual failure will be catastrophic or quiet. If it's a holdover for a year or so until you can upgrade it, I think it will be acceptable.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your reply! i am on a small budget and i think next year i will be upgrading the power supply. the reason that i choose the i3 is that i think its good because the new skylake things. i wanted to spend the extra money on the gpu because i want it to be able to play games at good setting for min 2 years.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Btw i took the i3 also because i thought it its relatively easy to change and cheaper than buying a new gpu.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube