add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Poisenarrows

37 months ago

Hello, I've been wanting to start my first build for some time now, and ive come up with this: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Poisenarrows/saved/fyRkLk NOTE: I have a ssd 850 EVO 500gb at home already so i dont need to buy that one. Im quite new to the scene so.. My main question was: What motherboard should i buy. I've put on random in now which looked pretty good, but i will mainly want the pc for gaming.

Sub Questions: Is 650W overkill or should i just do it to be sure (I may upgrade pc later, but that wuold be like in 2-3 years). Does the RAM type matter alot, like is there a big difference between the different ram ones, i went for the ripjaws V, maybe there are better ones (keep in mind mainly for gaming)? And finally, could the case be improved? my budget for case is around 100 euros so. (I will get help building the pc so dont think about the easyness of building)

Thanks in advance (Sorry for bad english)

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That M5 motherboard is a good choice.

Yep 650 watts is overkill for this build as a 400-450 would be fine even if overclocked. Now if you were to get that psu for the Price listed in your parts list then it would be an excellent deal. If you can find the RMx 550 or the EVGA G2 550 cheaper then this would be fine.

As for ram just get the cheaper one. I would go with 2400 or 2666. Obviously if prices are similar, just go for the better looking one.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

One more thing, if i get 550W and i upgrade my pc sometime in the future with an extra gtx1060 for example, would it still be enough

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You cannot add another 1060 as SLI is not possible. You can only SLI with a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080. In that case i would just sell the 1060 and upgrade to a better gpu. 550 would still be enough for any of this.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks for clearing up, as you can see im quite a noobie

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Dont worry... :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, i was thinking about maybe getting a liquid cooler. Since i wont put the pc together completly on my own. I will get help from my dads friend which does this stuff on a daily basis. Would u reccomend getting water cooling and maybe can the case be improved or is that off no worry?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube