add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Music Production Build

Stagnance

37 months ago

Hi. I am looking for any tips or advice for my current parts list for producing music. The list is http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Stagnance/saved/vzwhMp

If you give me any advice for changes please tell me the reasoning for it. I have all peripherals except a mouse. I cannot go over $550 USD

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Since your mother board only has two DIMM slots, I would recommend getting one stick of 8gb RAM so you can upgrade to 16gb in the future. What programs do you plan on using for music production?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard also has built in sound so you won't need the soundcard.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I am just starting out so FL Studio is all I really know about. I I'll be using photoshop though and a bit of Sony Vegas to upload music to youtube but those will take place later when I'm (hopefully) good.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is another option to consider. The FX 6300 is cheaper than the i3 6100 and should perform better in a DAW when you are laying down over 20 tracks due to the extra cores. It has 6 where the i3 has 2. 16gb RAM will be helpful when loading samples as well, but you could drop down to one 8gb stick to lower cost. You can download and use Windows 10 for free and install it via USB, and the pay $60 for product key to get the full version.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $89.00 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard $67.99 @ NCIX US
Memory Avexir Core Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $79.99 @ NCIX US
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $38.74 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.89 @ OutletPC
Case Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $53.98 @ Amazon
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $18.88 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $457.46
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-10 20:03 EST-0500
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You can even get a decent gpu for a pretty low price in the future if you want to do some gaming.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh and I included the ssd for your os and aplications. You'll be able to boot and load apps much more quickly.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you rate a link I could bookmark? I will upgrade later on and would like an easy way to track everything

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube