add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
ResGamersYT

37 months ago

This is my 4th part list and I think it is the best I have so far. Tell me what you think of it. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kVtsm8

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Not bad. You have 2 cpu coolers on there though, I would keep the C7. Also are you in between those 2 monitors? If I were you i would change that SSD to a Samsung 850 Evo 250gb

• 37 months ago
  • 3 points

The 250gb 850 evo is 95 bucks. The price is insane. He is better off with the MX300 275gb for 70 bucks.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

They are priced like that because they are basically the best consumer SSD's still. While technically you won't realistically see a big difference the 850 Evo is still considerably faster than the MX300.

But yes, if budget is a big concern something cheaper and bigger is obviously smarter.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Regular price for the 250gb 850 evo was 70 bucks... NOw its just insane paying 25 extra bucks. No way someone will even notice the difference unless you are going to be copying large amount of files but for normal operation and gaming there wont be a difference that the OP can notice.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I paid like $140 for my 850 Evo 250gb like 2 years ago... Maybe it was on sale recently for $70 but this is the first time I have seen it regularly priced below $100 and I believe the 960 series or something is dropping soon so that's probably why. You might be thinking of the 750? Its like $70

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

No.. I build one for my sister last year and she purchase the 850 evo for 71 bucks. That was the price everywhere (amazon, newegg).

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Whoops. I mistook a CPU cooler for a case fan, ha! Thanks for telling me. I want both monitors, as I am planning for a dual monitor setup (hence why I considered a GPU with two HDMI ports). I only need one 144hz monitor, and I like the monitor model, so I went with the same monitor, but at a little bit lower quality. Also, what is better about the Evo compared to the Ultra II?

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Make sure you get an HDMI 1.3 cable, 1.2 and below do not support 144 fps.

Also, what is better about the Evo compared to the Ultra II?

Click this

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I'm also planning on mounting a 120mm case fan on the ceiling of the case. Do you have any recommendations?

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I personally like Corsair fans. As for the case check out the Thermaltake Core V21. I would imagine it to be a higher quality version of what you selected within a couple $

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I dont understand the 3200 ram? Anything higher than 2133 will be downclocked. Get cheaper ram.

Get the i5-6500, as the 6600 makes little sense.

You can get the arctic mobo if you want a white theme build.

Get the MX300 which is larger and also cheaper.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $191.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler CRYORIG C7 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler $26.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI B150M MORTAR ARCTIC Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $81.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $77.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $69.79 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card $389.99 @ Newegg
Case Apevia X-QPACK3-CL MicroATX Mini Tower Case $48.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $64.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $18.88 @ OutletPC
Monitor Acer G246HLAbd 24.0" 60Hz Monitor $126.98 @ Newegg
Monitor Acer GN246HL 24.0" 144Hz Monitor $188.83 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1435.08
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $1385.08
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-11 14:39 EST-0500
  • 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I didn't realize the 6600 was ~$30 more than the 6500. I was under the impression they were both $200+.

I second the i5-6500

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

exactly! :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Currently updating the list. Thanks for the feedback. For the OS, can I get a USB drive and download the Windows 10 media on it, then boot the PC from the USB to install it? It seems better than buying an OS.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes downloading from microsoft site will get you latest build available which is the best option. Eventually you will need to purchase a key as windows will install in trial mode.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Eventually you will need to purchase a key as windows will install in trial mode.

What do you mean?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Newbie question: Does the ATX PSU fit in the MicroATX case correctly?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube