add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

***First Gaming PC Build***

ResGamersYT

37 months ago

This is a repost from earlier but I forgot to add the link and nobody would see it if I edited it so here:

This is the 5th revision of my part list. The price is not a problem, and is in fact exactly around where I wanted to spend. On the inside, I'm going for a dominant white theme with a little black, with a black case. The specs are everything I need, and more. I'm only going for a little bit more expensive parts for aesthetics at this points. IF there are any suggestions that you can give me, please throw them at me. I'm quite open minded. Thanks from Res. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/G4y3HN

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Those fans aren't good, that CPU cooler iirc is 2 or 3 gens old, you have a exepnivnse AIO cooler but a locked CPU and a motherboard that doesn't support overclocking. That SSD is of bad value. Why two HDD's?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

tbh idk why. i havent slept since yesterday morning from researching. could you link me better alternatives?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

are you planning on overclocking? if so i5 6600k with cpu cooler h100i v2 if no i5 6500 with cpu cooler as cooler master 212 evo or cryorig h7 for looks. i5 6500 is best bank for buck

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

2tb hard drive is cheaper than 2 1tb hard drives

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You shouldn't need a watercooled AIO if you're buying a non K processor. You can save $50 or more by switching to a heatsink. You also don't need dimm's faster than 2133--first, because you can't overclock them with a B150 motherboard (it really depends on the motherboard, but it's difficult and usually not possible) and second, because the diminishing return on speeds beyond 2133 is staggering. Dtm209 mentioned that 2 1tb HDDs are more expensive than a 2tb or even 3tb single HDD--this is true. You can easily squeeze out another $100 by just changing these three things and upgrade your 1060 to a 1070. As I said yesterday, I'd also you to only get a single monitor; it will be larger and of superior quality... the best way to take advantage of what your 1070 can output.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube