add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
EvanSTurner

37 months ago

So this build will be used almost exclusively for gaming. I based all parts off of performance, price, and aesthetics. Any suggestions are welcome. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $235.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Enermax Liqmax II 120 96.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Purchased For $38.99
Motherboard Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $178.89 @ B&H
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $86.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sandisk X400 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $137.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card $389.99 @ Newegg
Case Azza CSAZ-XT1 W ATX Full Tower Case $97.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $59.99
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $18.88 @ OutletPC
Sound Card Asus Xonar DGX 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card $33.89 @ OutletPC
Monitor Asus MG278Q 27.0" 144Hz Monitor $499.99 @ B&H
Keyboard EagleTec KG011 Wired Gaming Keyboard Purchased For $45.95
Mouse Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse $65.96 @ Amazon
Speakers Creative Labs Inspire T6160 50W 5.1ch Speakers $68.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $2010.37
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $1960.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-12 05:37 EST-0500

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey :) First, you did right decisions on the different components. But do you want to play more than 1080p ? And imo, you can save a little bit of money by taking a 240GB SSD (A-Data ASP550SS3-240GM-C = 62 dollars) with a 1TB HDD (Seagate ST1000DM003 = 50 dollars) for a total of 112 dollars instead of 512 GB of storage for 140 dollars. I mean, you can install the OS and the most played games on your SSD for fast boot, etc. and the other less played games on your HDD. But it depends on your utilization ;) Don't forget to answer my first question :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I am planning to get a new monitor that is 2560×1440p which is what I'll be playing on, however it'll probably be one of the last things I'll purchase because my current one is fine. Ill probably end up using it as a 2nd monitor after I do purchase the new one. As far as the drives go I currently have 2 different 500 gb 5400 rpm drives and a 500 gb usb 2.0 external drive that I could use but they seem quite underwhelming compared the the other parts on this build but they'd work. I did consider actually picking up a 120gb pcie drive for a little less than this m.2

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your feedback man. Not much to say about the drive suggestion that I didn't already say in the comments above. With the liqmax... that bad huh? The price was right and I thought I would give it a shot since I've never used one before but if its really an awful buy I probably will send it back. As far as the case goes I did want a full tower to reuse for future builds w/o limiting my options. I considered the NZXT Phantom and the Coolermaster Stryker. Any thoughts on those? For the mouse I actually picked the G502 because I want to try to switch from a palm grip to a claw grip and the G502 seems to have good ergonomics for that just judging by the looks. As far as the monitor I definitely will take you up on your suggestion. I actually did consider the dell but at the time I didn't realize it had G-Sync, I thought the specs on this one were all the same and this ones cheaper. I added the surround sound system almost exclusively for Rainbow Six Siege however I do intend to get a fairly nice headset anyway, I just haven't picked one out yet, so maybe I'll just put the money towards a nicer headset.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I gave that mouse guide a once over and according to it the g403 seems to be a perfect match for me. It's recommended for a claw grip for hand sizes 6.9-7.7" (apparently I'm 7.4") and is best for fps, mobas, and rts games which are the only genres I really play. So I'm going to switch that over.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I was reading about that when I was researching the difference between optical and laser. I think I do prefer heavier mice anyway but I'm not sure its worth the extra cash. Ive only got about $1300 to spend right now so im gonna have to pick and choose which parts to get first, which is fairly annoying since peripherals are going to be the best deals on cyber monday and black friday. The only reason I bought my keyboard so early is because amazon was the only vender with this one in stock and it said there was only one left at the time. Ive considered just buying an I3 or even a pentium processor for now to save on money, given the fact that kabylake is supppsed to release early next year anyway so it'd be a good time to upgrade I think. Any thoughts on that?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube