add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First PC build, need some advice.

RoastyMcToasty

37 months ago

This'll be the first PC I've ever build, which is why I'll need some help with it. I already had a little bit of advice from other sources but thought I'd ask here for more clarity. It's a budget-build made for gaming, it'll have a lot of activity (imagine 1 or 2 games with some tabs open in the browser) so 16GB RAM is what I'm going with. Trying to hit almost every game on the highest settings. The budget is about €900 but I can go higher to about €1000 or even above, depends on what you guys can come up with. This PC is expected to last a long time, atleast 3 years before upgrading a part. The GPU is a GTX 1070. It'd be amazing if you could tell me the prices in Euros, even more grateful if it was from newegg.com (Netherlands).

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GGYBTH

First off the CPU, I've heard this is a pretty good one and I think I wouldn't want to get a more expensive one than this one.

The motherboard is something I want some advice on, in relation to the other parts (duh) and to the case. Don't forget peripherals, mainly keyboard, mouse and monitor.

The memory seems pretty good, if there are compatibility issues, do let me know.

I only have an HDD but will probably get an SSD (512GB) later on to store (larger) games on, so please keep that in mind.

The GPU is a GTX 1070 as I said, nothing to say about that.

As I said earlier, the case is something which is worrying me, do I need a bigger one or something else that would interfere with the build.

The PSU seems pretty good, keep in mind that there'll some parts added on later (SSD).

Lastly the cooling, I don't have any additional cooling in this build, it'll probably be needed so I'm asking for a good, not to expensive fan that doesn't make to much noise. PWN is preferred.

That's about it, I know it'll probably become an even more expensive build later on (but cheaper would be nice), because I haven't included cooling yet. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Good choice on CPU and GPU

Your mobo is probably a little too cheap ASRock isn't that great

case is plenty large

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I was worried about the motherboard, was looking for a better one, do you have anything in mind? I was thinking about one from MSI. Also about the cooling again, is that alright with this build or should I get another fan? I'm not very used to the hot so it'd be good if that's taken care of nicely.

Thanks for advice though!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The 2 fans is enough to have good airflow, 3 or 4 is the max, but 2 is still great

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks, I've changed the case and this one has 4 fans so that's cool.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It is cool

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh you. Changed the case again though :P

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Since it is your first build, do you have a monitor, keyboard mouse, and if not are they going to be part of your budget. I think a 256GB SSD for your OS and main applications would be a great addition, for mass storage including larger games a HDD would be better. and if you might go over budget, opting for a 1060 6gb would be an option.

last thing, I don't think newegg is the best option in the Netherlands because of VAT and shippign and such. most dutch stores(or even german) would have better prices

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

als je de Nederlandse prijzen wilt weten kan je een lijst maken op tweakers.net dat werkt het zelfde als hier maar dan met prijzen van nederlandse winkels; If you want to know the dutch prices you can go and make a list on tweakers.net and it will tell you the prices in dutch stores.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah oke, bedankt voor dat, ik zal ernaar kijken, het zal alleen wel een beetje irritant zijn om van verschillende winkels te kopen als wat de andere zeggen waar is. Dat Newegg de verzendkosten etc. niet vermeld in de prijs (dat zou ik wel moeten weten aangezien er subtotaal staat). Ik zou het liefst de parts die ik al heb gekozen (of goedkopere merken die niet slechter zijn) kopen.

Ik twijfel ook nog steeds over the mobo, heb je nog iets dat je wil aanraden ervoor? Niet te duur, maar ik neem aan dat je in de andere post bedoelde dat ik een te dure nam?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

ja die andere was veelste duur ik kan je deze aanraden.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Geweldig, bedankt!

Nog twee dingen dat ik wel wil vragen, is de cooling goed genoeg op deze build? Ik kan niet goed tegen (extreme) warmte dus ik zou het goed opgesteld willen hebben, vooral in de zomer. Mijn kamer is ook niet al te groot (voldoende ruimte voor de PC natuurlijk) dus het kan warm worden.

Tweede vraag is, is alles zo goed na die motherboard? Is er nog iets dat ik zou veranderen, want ik wil deze PC wel voor minstens 3 jaar hebben voordat ik iets moet upgraden.

Nogmaals bedankt!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

de case komt met 2 included fans van 120mm die hun taak goed genoeg moeten kunnen doen en de cpu zijn stock cooler houdt hem ook aardig koel zolang je niet gaat overclocken maar is wel wat aan de luide kant, en ik zal een ssd erin gooien zoals de cruciale mx300 aan 120gb heb je al genoeg voor windows en paar veelgebruikte games/programmas

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Ik ben al van plan om een SSD erin te doen, ik denk dat ik in plaats van een S340 een H440.

Bedankt voor alle hulp, ik denk dat ik nu klaar ben.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube