add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Parts opinions please

johnlon

37 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Qhj97h

Will be used by son for gaming, and by myself for s/w development.

I'm keen for this thing to be quiet and we are not interested in overclocking. Want a small footprint. I've not done a build for >15 years so looking forward to it.

Anywhere I'm wasting £ also interesting.

We already have the case - a Thermaltake F1 and there's a height limit on the cooler <140mm

The big memory is due to dev work.

System will boot from the Samsung 960 nVME. The nVME is 2280 form factor - so I need an ITX mobo that support booting from nVME

I will probably also include a 7200rpm HDD.

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Was looking for one that supported booting from the nVME - that mobo came up. The cooler needs to be < 140mm for the case we've got (the Thermaltake F1).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube