add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1300 First Build. Ready to Buy, But How Does It Look?

Livia29

37 months ago

Hi Guys! What do you think of this build? I'm ready to order but just wanted some second opinions. Are there any glaring issues? Also, I was wondering about how to install windows 10 without an optical drive. The case I chose won't allow for one and was just wondering, does the listing on Amazon come with a USB or just a disk? If anyone could clarify that for me it would be much appreciated as well as any suggestions! Thanks :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZpYYLD

Edit: Also is this the best version of the 1060 6gb? I wasn't really sure which one would be best?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Installing windows w/o an optical drive is super easy. Just search for guides on youtube.

Also, that mobo is fine. No point in getting something higher end if you dont need its features.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I will do that thank you!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It actually costs $70 but I'm getting it for $10 off from Amazon Prime and a $20 rebate. Do you think it's still cheap quality? If so any other suggestions? Thanks!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, no this is very helpful! I totally overlooked that it only has two RAM slots. I'll change to a single 8gb stick so I can upgrade later if need be. So thank you!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

A single 8GB memory stick is less efficient than two 4GB sticks, the difference at 8GB is not too noticeable but will become apparent at more demanding tasks. I'd say just stick with this if you plan on putting another 8GB on it. Just wanted to make this clear to you for more insight.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm ok thank you, that's good to know. Maybe I'll just stay with the two 4GB then. I don't really think I'll need 16GB to be honset.

Thank you both :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube