add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can this play Titanfall 2?

HBarnill

37 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/HBarnill/saved/np7WZL

From what I saw on the Nvidia YouTube channel, this config can play the game at high settings with a constant frame rate. Can this work? Titanfall 2 is the most demanding game out there, so I imagine this would also work with older games like from last year.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do you have a sound card? That video card is going to look really weird with your motherboard because of its backplate too. That cpu cooler could be improved.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Way overkill for TF2, why do you have that expensive motherboard? 32GB is overkill for gaming, you can save a lot without sacrificing performance. TF2 is not that demanding.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm getting my info from the recommendations from Game-Debate. I don't whether they're correct or not.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I've not heard of that site before but it's best to get the recommended specs from the games website since they've done the most testing. The recommended specs for 1080p is an i5-6600 and GTX 1060/RX 480.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Those are the recommended settings from Game-Debate as well. I was looking at the "Ultra" section, where they mention the i7 6700k and the GTX 1080. I do hope the "ultra" section means for 4K users only and the recommended section is for those who want to use max settings with an HDTV.

I don't mean to overkill. I just want the best bang for the buck.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes the 'Ultra' section is for 4k at 60fps not 'Ultra' settings, the 'recommended' specs is for 1080p at 'Ultra' settings. Are you going to be playing at 4k?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry for the late reply. No, not at the moment as I don't have a 4K tv though I could always upgrade it in the future. I could do that Dynamic Super Sampling or whatever it's called to downscale 4K to look better but I don't know if it's worth it.

Thank you for clarifying the Ultra section.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

This actually sounds pretty good. This won't explode, right?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube