add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Final Version of My First Build

iiToxicWolf

37 months ago

So after 2 weeks, 10+ hours of watching reviews, a ton of questions (I've lost count of how many I've asked), etc. I think I've finally finished my parts list. I ended up changing the case today which changed the CPU cooler, and I wasn't sure if the one I picked would be good for overclocking. The cooler had to be 156mm or smaller due to the case, and I just went with another one from "be quiet". If anyone has any other recommendations for the cooler, feel free to comment. The thermal paste is also up to change, but I just decided to include it because it wasn't very expensive. The rest of the parts I'm pretty sure I'm getting thanks to the help from many of the people on this site and their advice :D! There's really not much else, so here's the link. Thanks for anyone who's helped me (and sorry for being so annoying with the questions)! http://pcpartpicker.com/list/QhPqhq

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Other than my opinion that your case is absolutely hideous and I would never want to show it off, I think you should spend a bit more on your mouse and keyboard, but that's your call. Your case comes with three fans, so you have a basic push/pull system already. Looks good!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I found out that a lot of people hate the case xD. Idk, I just really like the geometric design in the front I guess. It's what I was looking for when I was picking my case, and that's what I ended up with. Anyways, yeah I was kinda thinking about changing my keyboard and mouse. The CPU cooler is fine then?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

But I really like my case, and I need a motherboard that comes with wifi (no Ethernet ports near me at all). I know you can get things like USB's separately for wifi and stuff, but I'd rather get one that already comes with it. I'll dump the thermal paste and static wrist band though, some review just said the one that came with my cooler was awful.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I might consider changing my motherboard, I just don't really think I'll need the features, and I'm already way over the amount I wanted to spend. I think the case looks nice, and it is better, but I still really like the one I have. Maybe I won't like it later on, but I'll take the risk.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube