add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA 1060 SSC? MSI 1060 Gaming X?

esgaroth

37 months ago

Hi Guys,

SO I'm setting up my own computer and it's my first build.

I was originally going to get a EVGA 1060 SC 6GB (Single fan version), but I'm a bit worried that due to the layout of Fractal Design Nano S, the PSU will choke up the fan area because they get very close to each other.

So i've been thinking maybe I should get a dual-fan version and I narrowed it down to:

EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB

and

MSI 1060 Gaming X 6GB.

Apparently the EVGA comes with higher speed(evga 1607/1835 vs msi 1594/1809) , but heard msi has a superb cooler. I couldn't find lot of reviews on EVGA SSC so, it is hard for me to compare the two.

Please let me know if you got good suggestions between these two.

Thanks!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I have had great luck with MSI cards, and actually converted a buddy to MSI who was an EVGA guy on these 10 series cards.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I guess there isn't a huge difference in terms of the performance between the 2?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Not a big fan of that case..

Might consider a blower style card..

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're worried about airflow then a blower style might be better

EVGA has been known for much better customer service and such

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw other builds with the same case, but the cooling seems ok with dual-fan gpus. I'm worried about the single-fan one though.

What would you recommend out of the 2 above? EVGA ssc? or MSI?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

2 is probably better, you should only use open air coolers when air flow is unrestricted, 1 is for extreme circumstances where you can't fit 2.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your recommendation!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube