add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Limited budget build (need advice)

Helios6199

37 months ago

Hello everyone, I'm trying to make my first PC and I would really appreciate some suggestions. I want to use the PC mostly for gaming and some light editing. I have gathered a list on my own and I HOPE it's not that bad.

Here it is- http://pcpartpicker.com/list/46xQGf

A couple of questions that I have:-

• Should I wait for black friday and then order things? Or is that just a waste of time? Because the motherboard I'm looking for is gonna go off from sale in 2 days.

• Would I be ok with MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC Video Card? Is it too different from their gaming edition 1060 6gb?

• Is buying PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card in any way inferior to the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC? Because PNY is cheaper.

• Am I gonna be ok with MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard? Not gonna overclock.

Thanks a lot in advance guys!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

This build looks fine to me, good job overall. A few minor tweaks however- try to fit an ssd into your budget, even if it is 64-120gb, you can put your OS and possibly a game or two on it and it is so much nicer to use. You could save a few bucks on your ram aswell, $5-10 maybe. As for waiting, If you wait to black friday it may be a bit cheaper, but don't expect anything huge like $50-$100, It will more than likely be closer to $20-$30 of savings

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot! I wish I could fit in the budget for a SSD but I really can't. Maybe I will make that upgrade sometime in the future. And I guess I could wait for Black Friday. Not so far away :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good

Should I wait for black friday and then order things? Or is that just a waste of time? Because the motherboard I'm looking for is gonna go off from sale in 2 days.

Very rarely will there ever be a deal as good as a deal on Black Friday, it's probably worth the wait

Would I be ok with MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC Video Card? Is it too different from their gaming edition 1060 6gb?

Probably just a higher factory OC

Is buying PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card in any way inferior to the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC? Because PNY is cheaper.

Again, probably lesser factory OC, and maybe a worse cooler

Is buying PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card in any way inferior to the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC? Because PNY is cheaper.

You should be good

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Really appreciate it :) I think I'm gonna buy the motherboard for now and wait for the rest of the parts. In the VERY unlikely case that the motherboard drops in price, I can always return it and get the cheaper one.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Of course, I looked at the trends for the prices and there were parts that dropped to a price, but hardly got lower (if I had waited I could have saved a few bucks on some parts) that mobo doesn't see like it would drop too much in price

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You the man :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube