add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with gaming rig (waiting for i7-7700k)

Shadowon

37 months ago

Hi guys! I need an advice about mobo of this gaming rig, i'm undecided between Asus Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly in my list and the Gigabyte Gaming G1, but I maybe could wait for z270 chipset... What do you think? Moreover, as regards liquid cooling for cpu and gpu, i want to build it with custom kit, but i don't know what kit i should use, so maybe you can help me with this choice too... I'm thinking about a kit with transparent tubes, a combo pump+reservoir and cpu radiator of 360mm... Any advice? I accept advice on the rest of the build too. Thanks in advance!

List link: pcpartpicker

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do you want a $500 eATX LGA1151 motherboard? Unless you plan to run 3-4 GPU's that is an insane waste of money. In my opinion you would be better off totally revising your parts list or waiting until January on news of Kabylake.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait to buy your parts and get them at once, that way if something new comes out you should be able to get that as well. I really doubt that there will be huge advances in Z270 and the 7700k, but it's fairly close so it is probably worth the wait

Why $550 on a mobo though? If you're only running one card and OCing you probably don't need more than $150

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube