add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this a good build?

CosmicPC

37 months ago

Hi, I've been considering building my own computer for a while now and came up with this build. My budget is only about 400 to 470 US dollars and this is the best I could come up with that still had most of what I want in the computer. I'm learning how to code and I'm planning on doing web development and I really want a PC that can handle it well. I plan on doing some light gaming on it but nothing that is very graphic intensive so for now the build does not include a graphics card or SSD.(I do plan on adding these later when I have more money to spare) I also will not be installing Windows since I hate Windows 10 and finding a legit copy of anything older seems impossible now, so I plan on using Linux. Any opinions would be gladly appreciated!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/yGGCD8

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd also add that an SSD would be absolutely worth it to improve the build performance.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you both for the suggestions! Would a better plan be to get the SSD first then get a HDD later when I can afford it? I know that I'll need a lot of space which is why I went with the 1TB hard drive, but I guess I could swap it out for a SSD and wait to improve the storage space.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. 1 TB HDDs aren't too pricey, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, I'll go with a SSD first and add a 1TB HDD later. Thanks for the help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube