add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
IanThePineapple

37 months ago

List: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/DpXmxY

NOTES: If you want to recommend changing anything, I'd like the CPU to be 4+ cores at 3.5 GHz or higher. I want 16 gigs of 1600+ MHz RAM, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HD, and a 1050 GPU.

Thank you!

(Also, please rate the premade list on 1-10, so I know how it is.)

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you sure about that Athlon X4 88K? As far as I'm aware the i3-6100 will probably give you a better performance. Swapping that would mean a new mobo (maybe the H110M) which more likely than not could support DDR4, meaning you'd be alright with 8GB 2113. Hard drive and GPU are all good.

8/10? Could definitely get more for your money in my opinion.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, I will consider the I3. My question is: How different would 2 Intel cores be to 4 AMD cores? I feel the 4 core would do better than the 2-core

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $109.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Asus H110M-E/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $55.99 @ B&H
Memory Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $49.00 @ B&H
Storage Seagate SV35.5 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card $138.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Zalman T2 Plus MicroATX Mini Tower Case $27.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $33.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $84.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $580.83
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $550.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-14 21:35 EST-0500

AMD does have 4 cores, but they share rescources. The i3-6100 will give you more performance as it also has hyper threading. If at some point you want to upgrade the PC I'd recommend an SSD for your OS and you will also need some fans that I did not factor into the build.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I'll probably trade in OEM for USB windows. Also, why did you choose the SV35.5 HDD instead of the Cavier Blue?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Didn't actually see you wanted the Caviar Blue, was just using the HDD you had in your list up top :P for sure go for the Blue if you want as it will probably last longer/be of better quality. Also 2133 RAM should be more than adequate, no need to splurge on 2666 in my own opinion. Hope this helped!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Also, I found a 6-core AMD for only $90, the 6300. Is that a good CPU?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, but

1). My budget is $580 (NOT YOUR FAULT, it's my fault), forgot to mention it. (I know my build is overpriced, seeing if people would offer lower price parts)

2). I currently have a 500GB HDD, it's almost full. I would die if I had to have anything the same size or lower. Also, said HDD is my OS drive, and I'm fine with having to wait a few seconds longer for it to load. This computer I have is almost 9 years old, and it takes about 30 seconds to boot up fully, which is an excellent trade for it working this well for this long.

3). Windows OEM is like skating on thin ice, if for whatever reason I wanted to upgrade my motherboard, or if it died, I would be out of luck. If I bought the USB version, which is $106, the price would be $636, but I would be able to reinstall it later, or, if I have read what i have read correctly, install it on other computers I build in the future.

4). I will be buying this in March of next year, so I don't count discounts in the finished price. Your list would be $676 with USB Windows and without said deals, which come and go pretty much weekly.

Thank you though for making that list, I will DEFINATELY consider the I3.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you possibly make a list within the $580 budget for me, with the I3 and other things I mentioned earlier? I'd be fine with 8 gigs of RAM to have an I3. Thanks!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks for your help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube