add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best CPU for gaming and streaming?

C.higgins23

31 months ago

The options are i7-6700k vs 6800k. I found a sealed box 6700k for $260 at micro center which is an insane deal, so my assumption is that's the better deal. But after reshearching a bit I found that the extra 2 cores from the 6800k will offer benefits in streaming and video editing. So I'm wondering if paying the extra money is worth time, because it will be saving me time in 4K video rendering. I edit 1080p 60fps video for a small gaming channel I have so I will be using my computer for more than gaming. Also i do plan on overclocking a fair but with the kraken x62 cooler. Thanks :) please note that I'm willing to pay the extra money I'm just wondering if it's worth it because if not I'm definitely willing to save money as well ;)

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

The 6800K is worth the additional gain. Overclocked one to 4.2 or 4.3, and its Cinebench R15 score jumped from 1070 to 1290. Stock frequency was 3.6 or 3.8.

Check out the 'Cinebench r15 database' for the -6700k. I think it's around 800-900, but you should verify that.

From personal experience, coming from an i7-4770k to the 6800k was definitely noticeably.

However, for gaming the 6700k is usually better. So, the choice depends on the tradeoff between average FPS and time spent editing.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you sure? Physical cores will always be more reliable and overall better than logical one's(Hyper-Threaded).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube