add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows Microsoft Media Creation tool problems.

vb_ilya
  • 43 months ago

For some strange reason, the Windows Media Creation Tool won't recognize my 8 gb Lexar flash drive. I have read on other forums but nobody really has any solutions. I have formatted it to NTFS and FAT32 and tried but no dice.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Rufus.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Use that Windows Tool again, download Windows as an ISO (the burn-to-DVD option). Upon completion, copy it to another folder, so if you mess up, you won't have to download it again. This way makes sure that there's nothing wrong with the ISO.

Get Rufus, tell it to format as NTFS, load up the ISO image, and let it rip!

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you both, I tried RUFUS and it worked perfectly.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube