37 months ago
I'm upgrading a PC with good SSD & HDD and peripherals; CPU, RAM, mobo and the video card will need to be replaced.
- The main focus is something that can support a bunch of apps and browser tabs running at once + virtualization, hence the i7 and 16 GB RAM,
- gaming will not be a priority but I'd like to hear your suggestions for units with better performance in similar price ranges,
- it needs to support two 2K displays, preferably daisy chained through DisplayPort (could the picked mobo handle that alone?),
- best to pick modules that run quietly on low load (how does it look so far?),
- we'd need to make sure the CPU radiator doesn't collide with the RAM cards.
Here's the current list:
|CPU||Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor||$328.99 @ SuperBiiz|
|CPU Cooler||be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim 67.8 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler||$34.90 @ Newegg|
|Motherboard||Asus H110M-A/DP Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard||$65.99 @ SuperBiiz|
|Memory||Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory||$93.89 @ OutletPC|
|Video Card||Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB STRIX Video Card||$86.99 @ Newegg|
|Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts|
|Total (before mail-in rebates)||$630.76|
|Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-15 10:59 EST-0500|