add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

4.2 OC on i7 4770k. What liquid cooler?

Legend923

74 months ago

Just wondering what a good liquid cooler would be for my build with an I7 4770k with an overclock of around 4.2. Have a budget of under 70 pounds. Thanks very much in advance for any replies.

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

You can get that OC with and air cooler.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

You can do that on air no problem, unless you got an an awful, awful chip. You can buy a very good performance one for 50 pounds I guess, I wouldn't buy an evo since you do have a bit money to spend.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with the other guys, go with air.

Unless you are looking for aesthetics, then go with liquid

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Hyper 212 evo and other air coolers can get that oc, even w/ haswell (unless your chip sucked real hard)

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

That budget would get you a corsair H60, Which i can testify are great AIO (All in one) watercooler, if you shop around you may be able to get the H100 which is 240MM.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks very much sort of wanted a liquid cooler as possibly want to overclock higher at some stage and want a quite cooler.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

If your going for a liquid cooler? I would say get an H80i. It's perfect for what your doing and you can always overclock more and not have to worry about getting a better cooler. The H60 only has one fan at 1000rpm where as the H80i has two (one in front of the radiator and one behind) at 1700rpm. This gives way lower temps and not only give your CPU a longer life but will also give you the option of a higher overclock.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube