add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rate my first first ever build! Final build!

gn13

37 months ago

I'll be using this for gaming, black themed build, when the NZXT Hue+ gets fixed ill use rgb lighting to pick the colours that I want but until then ill use the lights from the aura mobo and the EVGA GTX 1080.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor £316.98 @ Novatech
CPU Cooler Scythe FUMA 79.0 CFM CPU Cooler £48.90 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £147.82 @ Amazon UK
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £67.99 @ Novatech
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive £281.99 @ Novatech
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £43.88 @ Amazon UK
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card £657.99 @ Ebuyer
Case NZXT S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case £86.99 @ Eclipse Computers
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £86.99 @ Ebuyer
Monitor Acer XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 165Hz Monitor £529.99
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard £132.69 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £2402.21
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-16 21:13 GMT+0000

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Hey wanted to let you know you the evga card are fine now check the link.
http://www.techspot.com/news/66929-evga-release-patch-stop-nvidia-10-series-cards.html

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot man this is great I can go ahead and stick to the build now. I'm definitely gonna get the EVGA card now.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA is still having issues with their coolers on their 10 series GPU's. I'd swap it out for a different brand so it doesn't cook itself. I will second the comment about the SSD. It's pretty much a waste of money to get the Samsung when something like the Crucial MX300 gives indistinguishable performance for less upfront cost

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh EVGA still hasn't fixed the temp problem? oh damn I really like the EVGA card coz of the RGB and how simple it looks. I'll think about changing cards... In terms off SSD I think Samsung would be more reliable, I'll think about changing, the Samsungs look so good though compared to some other brands.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty nice build with a nice monitor :D. You could go with a different ssd but samsung is realiable and if you are happy with it then go for it :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I kept refining the build got rid of the noctua cooler coz of the colour and the g.skill ram coz of the colour as well. I also changed the mobo from the msi gaming m5 coz of the colour. I just want a black PC that I can modify with RGB in the future. So one day I can have black and blue, the next day black and red etc.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, they are the best pc's imo. you could even try to get it synced to your game or music :D

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah thats the plan, I just hope the Hue+ gets fixed man I was so hyped for it.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

is that the thing where it like short circuits your psu?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I think so yeah something like that lol **** that im not risking my build for that.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah your build is cheaper but I think im gonna stick to my build I like the way it looks and I guess I can always overclock the ram but I think it apparently it doesn't do much for gaming anyway.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I appreciate that you took time to give me advice and yeah its a beautiful build thanks :)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube