add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Water coolers - risk of leaking

trueboss345

38 months ago

Hi all , i've been thinking about getting a water cooling for my first build. I'm gonna go with Corsair since they are pretty reputable with water cooling. Specifically the H100i V2 model. But i have been reading these reviews where pump failed in a while or it started leaking and therefore damaging all parts. So since reading these im pretty hesitant whether I should get it or no, maybe they just gotten defective parts. I would like to know what you guys think if you have this model. Has it ever leaked on you, and how long have you had it for?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Failure of the cooler that results in leakage from AIOs isn't all that common at all, unless you do something wrong (or stupid) during installation or handling of the product. Corsair has a nifty policy I believe that says they'll replace all your parts if they get ruined due to their cooler failing and leaking (definitely fact check that one though lol).

It's always the same story with motherboard reviews, so take the online reviews with a grain of salt.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe when you install to the CPU and case there is a risk of you accidentally twisting the tubing which could increase the chances of it leaking. So probably why it fails is the way people install it, If I'm not wrong.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I would say. I've had mine for over a year and have taken it out several times when moving cases and have had no problems with it.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Failures on the recent AIO coolers are very small, less than 0.1% and they also come with warranty in the event they do leak as long as you didnt do anything weird to it.

I actually use an H100i GTX in my current rig and it became near dead silent after installing the Corsair Link softweare and settings the fan profiles on quiet too.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting, how long did you own the cooler for? And how does it perform during gaming and heavy tasks?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I have had mine for almost a year now and it is seated on an MSI Gaming M5 motherboard to cool off an i5-6600k@4.3Ghz.

On idle, I usually am around 24-28C and when gaming, I oscillate around 40-46C. After extremely long sessions (6+ hours) of more demanding titles, I can peak into the 50s but never seen it go past 54C yet.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I currently have a corsair h60, the only issues I have with it is the noisy fan (replaced) and the noise of the pump, I've had it for 2 years and no issues. I recommend going with a name brand or a product with many reviews. Nzxt just released a new lineup of AIO coolers which look really nice and are a lot quiter, but the corsair h100i v2 is also a well known cooler as well.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey. Never heard of an AIO leaking before, although i'm sure its not impossible. Saying that i think its very unlikely, just use common sense when installing. They've been around for a while now, so i'd say go for it. Worth looking at the EK predator series as they have quick disconnects for future expansion, should you need it, but any trusted brand will be fine.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube