add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Well, I want to upgrade/add to my PC

PrimeGamer

37 months ago

I will have a tad over 400 dollars to add to my PC. (Obviously I don't need to spend all of it) Specs Currently ~ GPU - Asus Strix R9-390 CPU - i5 6600k PSU - EVGA 850 G2 MOBO - Z170x Gaming 3 RAM - 16 GBS CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 Evo Storage/Hardrive - A 1tb HDD (No SSD)

And I think that's about all that matters. So what I'm thinking for the upgrade so far is another Asus Strix R9 390 to throw in SLI. And then a new CPU cooler like a H100i GTX or something. If you have any better different or better ideas please let me know. (And as you can probably tell i'm not super computer savvy, I know very little)

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

An SSD?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Systems > Troubleshooting" to "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted".

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

If your games are still running well I'd sooner get an ssd and an i7. In a perfect world you could pop the i5 out, sell it, and add that to your budget to pick up an i7, a 240gb ssd, and a better cooler like a Cryorig h7. Otherwise I'd probably suggest a good ssd over anything else

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Really? SSD's are that nice huh? Should I just get a large SSD then?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely are a worthwhile addition

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks man. And yes I know crossfire is for AMD, I was being a tard and it flew right by me when I wrote this. As for an SSD is it worth it? And is it possible for me to make my PC boot up from the SSD instead of my HDD even though I didn't install the OS on it?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

So the hottest I've seen my 6600k get is 61 degrees I believe., with the 212 Evo. Wouldn't a nice liquid cooler with a 280mm radiator put that down at least 10 degrees?

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks yo.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I know this would probably be the WORST way to spent the money but would a 6700k be worth it? I do a lot of video editing and recording.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube