add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Video Editor - First Build - Help Me!

JBGPC

37 months ago

Hey folks!

This build will be for video editing. No 4K (yet), just 1080p for now. I will be adding a 1TB or 2TB storage drive, so that isn't on the list. I want it to be quiet. I don't really have time for games, but I do have a Steam library full of them. My first upgrade will probably be RAM, but that will come later. I'm pulling the trigger unless you stop me! So... What would you do differently? (Bonus points if you can drop my price by $20.)

Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/37HVD8

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

This man wins ^

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Can I ask you about some of the changes?

Is the Crucial SSD as good as Samsung?

The cooler doesn't have many reviews... Can you vouch for it?

I'm not as familiar with PNY's GPUs. Do they compare well?

Is the power supply still quiet?

Thanks for getting the price down! :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The Samsung SSD is slightly faster though I doubt you would notice the difference.

The Scythe Fuma has many reviews at hardware sites and all signs point to it being the best value overclocker for an i7-6700K and above. It costs more than the Cryorig H7 but is worth it.

PNY has been in the game for a long time and user reviews look good.

As for the power supply it is not the quietest out there. If you want a quiet power supply, then look at some of the Seasonic units that turn the fan off automatically.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the tips!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I would definatley suggest getting one of the newer Cosair CXM 550w.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The CX series sounds like it's made of cheaper materials based on what I read...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube