add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this a decent $1000 full setup? (My first ever PC build)

johnsoner13

37 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wKgdxY

This is a full setup including PC, keyboard, mouse, monitor, operating system, and a WiFi adapter all for $1000. This is my first ever PC build/setup build and it would be a good idea to get some advice from some experienced people before I go ahead and order the parts. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Takes out the DVD drive, swaps the motherboard, and changes the PSU to a higher quality one, and nets a 240GB SSD. You could also snag 16GB of RAM and only go 1.22 over budget

This list has the 16GB if RAM included, though it'd be easy to just use the 8GB you had chosen originally if you wanted

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $190.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock H170M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $57.99 @ Newegg
Memory GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $67.99 @ Newegg
Storage ADATA Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card $244.98 @ Newegg
Case Corsair Carbide SPEC-M2 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $29.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $46.97 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $83.89 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $29.79 @ OutletPC
Monitor Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor $105.98 @ Newegg
Keyboard Thermaltake Commander Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Laser Mouse $28.97 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1091.22
Mail-in rebates -$90.00
Total $1001.22
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-18 01:00 EST-0500
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your time. Looks great! Guess this will be the one that I'll be building :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good!

2 things though,

Do you really need a DVD drive?

And what are you going to be using this PC for?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

This PC will be for gaming only. As for the DVD drive, it's just for an easier installation of all of the drivers, using the CD included with the parts instead of going to the website. Although I'll probably have to head over to the website to download them anyways because the drivers will most likely be outdated already. I don't know if that made any sense because honestly, I don't really even know what I'm taking about. But the parts DO come with discs for driver installation, correct?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

How many games are you thinking of downloading? Because if you won't be downloading too many at first, you could get yourself a 250gb SSD. A SSD will speed up your system a ton, and you can always add more storage later when you need it.

They do, but IMO it isn't worth getting a DVD drive for. Parts that need drivers will come with a DVD, but just get them from company website. The drivers on website will be updated, and it will save you some money.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice, I'll just get rid of the DVD drive then and get an SSD

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube