add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rosewill Green Series 630w vs Thermaltake 600w tr2? Nvidia Gtx 760

Jhoanfred
  • 77 months ago

Hey guys! I have bought a EVGA Nvidia Gtx 760 and my current PSU is not enough for it. What PSU should I buy? I just have these options:

Rosewill Green Series 630w/ 80+/ 50A +12V http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200

or

Thermaltake tr2 600w/ 23A +12V1 - 20A +12V2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153166

Both have enough PCI connectors for my 760 I can't buy another brands PSU, because they're out my budget, please help me, are they enough to my Gtx 760? And what should I buy? I have an i3-2100, 8Gb Ram, and one HD 1Tb

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

dang, what size PSU do you have now?

I wouldn't get either of them tbh

Go with a brand that makes better power supplies and has a decent rep I mean 5$ more and you've got this PSU, and them it's 5$ cheaper than the rosewill after the rebate

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a 450W generic PSU, the problem, more than the budget, is that I dont have many options in my country(Venezuela), the Corsair, Seasonic or anyother better brand of the same wattage cost the double here or no exist. Those are the better that I can found.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay well I can't really recommend either but if they were the only PSUs on earth I would go with the Tt tr2

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you say me why? And thanks for your time!

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Why the Tr2 or why not recommend them?

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Both

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Between the two, Rosewill.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you even read the reviews on it? That rosewill is ridiculous, I know everyone says not to use Tt but honestly it's the better choice here.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/881 I prefer the power supply to just die rather than start a bonfire or ruin a mobo...

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I've read more about the rosewill taking out other components than the Tt.

Out of the 200 reviews I scanned through there was maybe two people that said it popped and started smelling bad. And I found just as many stating the same about the Rosewill.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Would not surprise me at all. But keep in mind, we are comparing just these two models only. Both the Rosewill and Thermaltake uses different OEM for power supplies and "in this particular situation" happens to be the lesser of two evils.

Personally, I would not recommend Rosewill and Thermaltake brand for power supplies.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Trust me I'm right there with you, I filter both rosewill and Tt out when I'm looking for a psu. The only one I ever even think of using it the lightning and that is because I've read a lot of good things about it but it still doesn't compete with seasonic made products

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube