add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build for Modest Gaming

Bouhm

37 months ago

Hello, I am looking to build my first PC after being disappointed by my previous laptop performances. Hoping to get 60+ FPS on most games with this build. I do not consider myself to be a hardcore gamer.

My intended use for the computer is gaming, art stuff (photoshop), running scripts for data collection, running servers for games/websites, possibly machine learning training. No plans to overclock. Thanks in advance!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9vrNvV

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats a really nice well balanced setup. I would look at using 2 sticks of 4GB ram instead though to give you dual channel. The key components are good quality like the psu and the gpu packs some good punch. Ive used the 200r to build in before and its a decent case. Take your time to get the cable management right and this will be a good system.

Not sure what games youre looking at but i dont see anyvreal issues with hitting 60+ on most games. Be interested to see how this turns out

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Why go 2x 4 gb of ram? That leaves no upgradability and knowing the other hthings OP will be using this PC for 16gb may be very helpful in the future

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Exactly what I was thinking.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Good points. Dual channel can offer some speed benefits and that tends to be my personal preference. For this build a single stick vs 2 matched sticks wont make a huge difference and like the guys here said it will leave slots free for more ram later if need be. Of course if you can stretch to it may be worth getting 16gb from the outset. Perhaps the upcoming sales will have a good deal?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube