add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H100i V2/GTX Prime95

trueboss345

38 months ago

Hello, i'm interested if anyone has run Prime95 benchmark CPU test on this watercooler.

How does the H100i V2 handle it? Can it withstand at least 24 hours of stress test?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Testing it on what and at what frquency?

Theres a huge difference in temperature and TDP between a 6600k at 4.2 and a 6950x at 4.2.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a 6850 at stock settings.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If its at stock, no need to stress test it, would be mostly pointless.

But if you really wanted too, it would work as the voltages are low at stock and tempos reasonable. Do note however I would change the voltages from Auto as during stress tests they can pull more power then they need to at times.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That was fixed back in January.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Not according to Intel. A fix was issued to MB manufactures, which was then included in BIOS updates. As far as google searches go, problem resolved in January. Prime95 chugs right along now on boards with the updated BIOS (. Hell, trying to find an article newer than February is 20 pages deep in a google search.

And it seems the bug was discovered in a very specific setup in P95, which most users won't ever do. So there is that as well.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I should add, I personally haven't experienced this bug.

I used P95 with an OC'd 6700k and I use it currently with my OC'ed 6100. I usually do 8/24/48 hour runs. I might check the Gigabyte website and see if they have any thing posted under BIOS releases about it.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I was overclocking a -6800k to 4.2-4.4 at 1.3-1.38v and didn't see anything abnormal (other than thermal throttling, lol). I was using P95, version... 26.7?, with small FFTs (the most CPU-intensive option). But P95 is normally like that... right?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube