37 months ago
Hello all. Now that I'm 99% sure I'm set on this case for an upcoming build I wanted to ask a few questions.
I live in a remote northern city in Canada and due to shipping costs I will be assembling the majority of this build over the holidays when I fly back home to avoid dealing with costs incurred should I have to RMA anything that could arrive DOA or what have you however I want to get my order started and to do so I need some input with people more experienced with this case and in builds in general.
Prospective parts list: pcpartpicker
Notes regarding components: Cooler: The Nzxt Kraken x52 is not going to be available until some time in December at the earliest in Canada so I may have to run a simple stock cooler to test with initially. PSU: I am going with the slightly smaller dimension Corsair supply due to modding the case to put the cooler up in the PSU compartment as others have done.
Questions I have: 1) Is it possible to run 4x120mm fans across the top inside the case if you were to predrill your own mounting holes?
2) I want to run TT Riing fans in the inside of the case for the top radiator/PSU section and was thinking of getting the RGB versions with PWM. Can you control the PWM ability and RGB from the Asus MOBO controls or must you use the TT software?
3) Should I bother with PWM fans in the first place?
4) To create a positive pressure environment I was planning on running the three bottom fans and the rear fan as intake. That being said should I put a dust cover on the back fan? Also what are some good black high airflow fans to use OR would I be fine running Riing fans again in the bottom just on a different setting? I would like to keep this build quieter but know that under load there will inevitably be some fan noise.
5) I saw that TT has a new version of the RGB Riing fans out now and they have slightly lower pressure and slightly higher airflow. If i wanted to run all Riing fans should I potentially get these for intakes and the old ones with higher static pressure for exhaust through the radiator/PSU area in the top of the case?
6) Would using the stock fans on the other side of the radiator so I have push/pull be a good idea as it looks like I would have room to do this without issue.
7) Should I maybe consider swapping boards to the genome mATX version of the board I have to make access to the USB headers and whatnot easier? I don't plan on doing a lot of additions to this build other than maybe adding another SSD some time.
If you have any other input please feel free to share. Thanks in advance!