add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

INWIN 303 Red/Black theme Build - Opinions/Input needed regarding some details!

Kruetters

37 months ago

Hello all. Now that I'm 99% sure I'm set on this case for an upcoming build I wanted to ask a few questions.

I live in a remote northern city in Canada and due to shipping costs I will be assembling the majority of this build over the holidays when I fly back home to avoid dealing with costs incurred should I have to RMA anything that could arrive DOA or what have you however I want to get my order started and to do so I need some input with people more experienced with this case and in builds in general.

Prospective parts list: pcpartpicker

Notes regarding components: Cooler: The Nzxt Kraken x52 is not going to be available until some time in December at the earliest in Canada so I may have to run a simple stock cooler to test with initially. PSU: I am going with the slightly smaller dimension Corsair supply due to modding the case to put the cooler up in the PSU compartment as others have done.

Questions I have: 1) Is it possible to run 4x120mm fans across the top inside the case if you were to predrill your own mounting holes?

2) I want to run TT Riing fans in the inside of the case for the top radiator/PSU section and was thinking of getting the RGB versions with PWM. Can you control the PWM ability and RGB from the Asus MOBO controls or must you use the TT software?

3) Should I bother with PWM fans in the first place?

4) To create a positive pressure environment I was planning on running the three bottom fans and the rear fan as intake. That being said should I put a dust cover on the back fan? Also what are some good black high airflow fans to use OR would I be fine running Riing fans again in the bottom just on a different setting? I would like to keep this build quieter but know that under load there will inevitably be some fan noise.

5) I saw that TT has a new version of the RGB Riing fans out now and they have slightly lower pressure and slightly higher airflow. If i wanted to run all Riing fans should I potentially get these for intakes and the old ones with higher static pressure for exhaust through the radiator/PSU area in the top of the case?

6) Would using the stock fans on the other side of the radiator so I have push/pull be a good idea as it looks like I would have room to do this without issue.

7) Should I maybe consider swapping boards to the genome mATX version of the board I have to make access to the USB headers and whatnot easier? I don't plan on doing a lot of additions to this build other than maybe adding another SSD some time.

If you have any other input please feel free to share. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Questions I have: 1) Is it possible to run 4x120mm fans across the top inside the case if you were to predrill your own mounting holes?

Case is 480mm long so take into consideration this (120mm X4 =480mm), so if it fits, it will be a very tight fit. I don't think it will fit and why do you want 4 fans. This will just make more noise. You don't need so many fans for a good airflow. If you wanted to go extreme, you can get a 360mm liquid cooler.

2) I want to run TT Riing fans in the inside of the case for the top radiator/PSU section and was thinking of getting the RGB versions with PWM. Can you control the PWM ability and RGB from the Asus MOBO controls or must you use the TT software?

AFAIK you would only be able to control the PWM setting from motherboard fan header.

3) Should I bother with PWM fans in the first place?

Why not... It really helps if you want a silent build. IIRC all headers on that board are PWM.

To create a positive pressure environment I was planning on running the three bottom fans and the rear fan as intake. That being said should I put a dust cover on the back fan?

You should filter all your intakes..

I saw that TT has a new version of the RGB Riing fans out now and they have slightly lower pressure and slightly higher airflow

Eventhough TT names this fan "radiator fan TT premium edition", this only produce 1.11 of static pressure which IMO would not be a good choice for radiators.

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/MICROSITE/Riing12RGBRadiatorFanTTPremiumEdition/spec.html

This would be the ones I would use with the radiator as they produce up to 2.01 of static pressure

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/microsite/Riing12RGB/spec.html

For case fans the TT would be fine. I would definitely run all Ring fans as using different fans just doesn't look good IMO.

Would using the stock fans on the other side of the radiator so I have push/pull be a good idea as it looks like I would have room to do this without issue.

That is not a thick radiator so I would just use 2 fans.

Should I maybe consider swapping boards to the genome mATX version of the board

Due to the size of the case, the ATX board will definitely look better.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Case is 480mm long so take into consideration this (120mm X4 =480mm), so if it fits, it will be a very tight fit. I don't think it will fit and why do you want 4 fans. This will just make more noise. You don't need so many fans for a good airflow. If you wanted to go extreme, you can get a 360mm liquid cooler.

I just thought if it was possible it would look cool and that way I could buy 3 packs of the RGB 3 set and have all the fans Id need

AFAIK you would only be able to control the PWM setting from motherboard fan header.

Ok!

Why not... It really helps if you want a silent build. IIRC all headers on that board are PWM.

Thats what I figured!

You should filter all your intakes..

I just had been reading the overclockers thread on this and didnt see anyone who had a filter on the back intake which was why I asked though it made sense to me to filter it.

Eventhough TT names this fan "radiator fan TT premium edition", this only produce 1.11 of static pressure which IMO would not be a good choice for radiators.

Yeah thats why I was mulling on just getting those to use in the bottom and back for airflow as they seem to have a slightly higher airflow than the old Riing fans

This would be the ones I would use with the radiator as they produce up to 2.01 of static pressure

Yesssir!

For case fans the TT would be fine. I would definitely run all Ring fans as using different fans just doesn't look good IMO.

My thoughts as well

That is not a thick radiator so I would just use 2 fans.

The reason I asked is that I would have the two stock fans that come with it that I could hook up.

Due to the size of the case, the ATX board will definitely look better.

My thoughts too though I have seen the genome in it and i would basically have about 3/4 of an inch gap above the fans in the bottom which would allow easier access to the ports on the bottom of the board. That being said the idea of removing a fan or two to get at them doesnt bother me so I think ill stick with the ATX board as you said.

Thanks for the fantastic feedback!

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I just had been reading the overclockers thread on this and didnt see anyone who had a filter on the back intake which was why I asked though it made sense to me to filter it.

The reason for that is that usually the fan on rear panel is used as exhaust.. So a filter there is not necessary. Now if you want to intake air through the back, then get a filter.

Thanks for the fantastic feedback!

You're welcome! :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Everyone who was using the case had it as intake if they wanted positive pressure if you run it as exhaust you end up with negative pressure unless you have beastly fans in the bottom cranked to 70-100% speed all the time from what I saw.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube