add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Sybarite0713

37 months ago

This is going to be my second computer upgrading it to gtx 1080

any suggestions or anything i should change? http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GzCNvV

Thanks

**Edit Thanks for all the support and help! http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPVwkT This is most likely going to be my final build. Any suggestions I will appreciate, Thanks!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Go with a card with an after market cooler. You will get better performance out of them.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Im only trying to get the founders edition because of the looks ~_~

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with Awakening, there are way better ones that'll look better too. An ASUS Strix for example like others have mentioned is a great one.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree on it being better looking, but I guess I don't care enough to drop more money for it :P

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

i7 Is a good Chip

FUMA is an outstanding CPU Cooler

Asus Z170-A Gets the job done

Corsair LPX Memory is Low Profile so it works well with Large CPU Coolers

MX300 is the best Bang for your Buck SSD at the Moment.. One M.2 for the OS and the other SSD for Storage..

Asus GTX 1080 STRIX will do much better than the Founders Edition in Any case that it can breathe well in..

Corsair Spec-Alpha because I like Corsair Cases due to them being easy to build in..

Corsair RMx 750 because it is a Very High Quality Power Supply for a good price..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $299.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Scythe FUMA 79.0 CFM CPU Cooler $45.95 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $144.99 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $93.99 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $72.99 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial MX300 1.1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $244.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card $619.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair SPEC-ALPHA ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1732.87
Mail-in rebates -$40.00
Total $1692.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-19 01:42 EST-0500
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I know it looks really good but do not but dominator platinum ram. It is the most overpriced pc part that i have ever seen. You can but ram at the same speed for $90

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6F4dr7 This may not have shiny ram and a ssd that you dont need but it will perform better in many ways. Make sure to not to go with a founders edition card. I reccomend asus strix cards.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!! Ill take a closer look when i get home :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

why the different cpu cooler? isnt it the same price? does it deliver better cooling?

I guess the motherboard is fine? i just choose a decent random one

for the ram i was really confused so I just went with the slick looking one and + I like corsair. But I think im going to go with your option on the memory.

and for the ssd i think im going to stick with the option i had cause I already have 3tb of space on my hdd.

The case i dont think it matters (both are good)

and for the power supply Im guessing i need 850w eh? Ill take your opinion on this too!

Thanks overall for the free help. I really love this community!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh i didnt realize you did a detailed explanation about all the parts!! Thanks! Ill probably order this or next week~!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPVwkT

This is most likely to going to be my final go. What do you think?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahh yes I do make a lot of video/computer work/files transfer since I major in industrial design. That being said the only reason I'm getting the corsair CPU cooler is because of its looks. Would it make a big difference? if so ill take your opinion. And also for the SSD I wanted the Intel 750 Series 400GB PCI-E Solid State Drive due to its incredibly fast speed and the samsung SSD for the side display of my side panel of my case (yes I know pretty ridiculous) But other than these two does everything else look solid? and again thanks for your help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube