add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

60 fps Gaming, nothing too fancy.

zulianandre

37 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $219.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Scythe FUMA 79.0 CFM CPU Cooler $49.99 @ Newegg Marketplace
Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $149.88 @ OutletPC
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $99.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial MX300 750GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $169.49 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.18 @ NCIX US
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card $423.98 @ Newegg
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $73.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1406.47
Mail-in rebates -$60.00
Total $1346.47
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-20 00:04 EST-0500

Yay or nay? I have posted this a few months earlier and got some good feedback, but I have since made some changes. Wanted to run it through you guys, before I buy all the parts this coming week.

My goal is a smooth computer, 60 fps gaming, not too loud, you know the deal. Thanks!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

1080p this is really, insane overkill and you'll probably be getting 100+ FPS. It'll last for years and years. Everything looks good to me!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think the cooler can handle the build pretty well? Thank you for the reply!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. That's pretty much the best air cooler there is. The only way you could really make it better is if you got an AIO like an X61 or a H110i v2, H115i, etc.

That CPU cooler should easily overclock for you.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you planning to game at 1080p or 1440p? If 1080, I would upgrade to a 144hz monitor- go for around $250- if gaming at 1440p then you should be able to run almost all games at 60fps at High-Max settings. If you are gaming at 1080p and want to run 60fps on most games you can save some money here and go with the 1060 6GB if you are willing to. Otherwise everything looks great :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

you could get a better cooler for a cheaper price http://pcpartpicker.com/product/w37wrH/corsair-cpu-cooler-h55

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

"Better cooler"? The Scythe Fuma is the best performing overclocking air cooler there is. Only problem is it's a bit noisy. Can you please provide us a link to which the Corsair H55 is "better" than the Scythe Fuma?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry didn't know

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You mean much worse cooler.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

btw, this guy right here gets credit for most of this build. Thanks dude!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It looks great to me. You have a great HSF. A decent motherboard. Fast RAM, storage that is of great value, a good case, and a good PSU. My only suggestion would be maybe different color RAM since imo that white will clash with the red on the motherboard.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I am buying those, but in black!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!! I sure will.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube