37 months ago
I'm building a pc within a budget of $1700 AUD (around 1,300 USD). I am planning on upgrading in the future (More RAM, SSD, possibly SLi) when finances allow. As for aesthetics, I'm aiming for a clean black/white theme inside and out but this is not really a concern. I will be using this pc for 1080p gaming with 2-3 monitors and moderate video editing.
- Will everything fit inside the phantom 410 case, specifically the GPU?
- Is the mobo and ram overkill for this build? I chose these mainly because I can get them on sale at my local pc store and I'd much prefer buying the motherboard from a retailer to prevent any shipping nightmares with DOA stuff.
- Any thoughts on the PSU? I want it to be quiet and at least semi-modular which is why I went for this one.
- Can the 1070 handle 1440p or 4k with multiple monitors?
- Any compatibility issues?
I'm a total noob when it comes to builds, so some general suggestions and advice would be appreciated ;)