add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How many 5.25, 3.5 and 2.5 Bays do I need?

sebbie88

73 months ago

I have 1 1TB Harddrive, 1 SSD drive, 1 BD/DVD-Rom, 1 Power supply.

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

One 3.5, One 2.5*, and one 5.25. You don't need to mount the SSD in a bay, you can attach it to the back of the motherboard area on some cases.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

? Power supply does not take a bay.

Note that a number of modern computer cases has bays that can hold 2.5" or 3.5" drive.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

most drives are mounted in an internal 3.5 bay. In your case, the HDD and SSD should be able to go into 1 each, but if you're pressed for space, you can attach it to another area like @kiyoshi_ said. The ODD goes in a 5.25 external bay and psus don't take up a drive bay

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks everyone, my case had way more bays than I needed (I actually ended up taking out the middle cage for better airflow and looks) and my SSD had screw holes to fit into one of the 3.5 bays.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube