add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1k-1200$ game+stream build . Is this overkill? Can i do this much cheaper?

ARiESFiRE

37 months ago

I am going to be building a PC for gaming + streaming and this was a streamer friends setup sent to me . He said he bought most stuff off amazon and that this could be more than i need but will be future proof so i wouldn't have to rebuild another pc in a year or two . I am trying to build a PC at the best cost i can but i don't want to sacrifice performance or quality . My girlfriend will be helping out with gifts so she told me to tell you guys to do your best with helping and she loves you for the support and advice xo ! thank you so much for your help it really does mean the world since i am not savvy with this stuff and am just trying to build a real good PC for as best cost as possible and not be ripped off or make unneccessary purchases / overkill .

CPU: Intel i7-6700k 4.00Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX Ram: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR 3200MHz Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower Red. Power Supply: EVGA 500 W1 80+, 500W Cooling: Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid CPU Cooler. HDD: WD 1TB 7200rpm; WD Blue 3TB 5400rpm. Video: On-board Monitor: Insignia 24" TV Keyboard/Mouse: $20 Walmart Specials Video Camera: Logitech HD Pro C920 Capture Card: Elgato HD Pro Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Rileysun 3-in 1-out HDMI Adapter HTTX 1x2 Fiber Optic Splitter Adapter

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Can onboard video run your games?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a very unbalanced pc

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Your friend is wasting money like crazy. You don't need 32GB of RAM, you don't need a 3TB HDD, and you don't need a case or CPU Cooler that expensive. Also you could get a better PSU, that helps with system stability and general reliability of your system. A good PSU will last through multiple builds and revisions.

Here's just the PC stuff. I didn't add any of the extra peripherals or anything.

I recommend not getting an Insignia monitor, they're pretty trash.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $299.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $34.99 @ Newegg Marketplace
Motherboard MSI Z170A SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $119.93 @ Jet
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $78.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $91.98 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit $106.99 @ SuperBiiz
Other Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro, stream and record in 1080p60, superior low latency technology, H.264 hardware encoding, PCIe $178.44 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1000.19
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-20 18:36 EST-0500
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you for offering your advice and help , i really do appreciate this a lot .

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

you seem very knowledgeable and have been the most helpful by actually listing parts prices and where to buy . Can i chat with you somewhere via some method on this . I would greatly appreciate it and sorry to bother you further . I appreciate everything you already helped with but someone told me that if i don't plan to play PC games my build should be pretty simple and affordable . I am just so confused and not very savvy with this stuff .

I just want a great setup with great quality at the best prices without wasting money like my friend did . I will be simply streaming my PS4 game to twitch and want to use OBS to have overlays etc. have a better stream and quality . I need some serious guidance on what i need and how much ill need to spend .

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah sure, just feel free to PM me with any questions you may have. Live streaming, if you're not playing a game on that same system, is actually pretty easy on hardware. I'll give you some more details after you ask some questions.

Your account is new, so I'm assuming you're not sure how to send PMs. Just click on my account name, and "send personal message" will be at the bottom left. I'll be waiting!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that seems very unbalanced and theres a lot of wasted money there.

Zveirs choices are good. You don't quite need 3200mhz RAM either, 2600 and up is good. Even 3000mhz is a lot cheaper.

If you want to save and edit a ton of videos then splash out on a 2TB or even 3TB HDD though. And do you not need a GPU? If you're going to be gaming on PC then the answer is yes. And to match the other components you're going to want a GTX 1070 or higher.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube