add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need some tips for gaming pc $700 build

XxAwe3200BeastxX

37 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/XxAwe3200BeastxX/saved/#view=7GTCJx Im not as concerned about performance as ability to upgrade. Im planning on upgrading every year with $100-$200 Just want to know if this build would be alright in terms of upgrading in the future. Mainly going to be using for gaming.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say instead of the i5 6400 I'd get the i3 6100, the budget powerhouse. It'll still give good performance with it's hyper threading, despite being dual core. This allows you to save more and maybe upgrade to the i5 6500 in the future, or to upgrade to a 144Hz monitor. Your GPU should be good for a while yet, which is a good investment and you can upgrade later to the 6GB version if you like. One other thing is make sure you don't buy Windows OEM, as you would have to buy it again if you decided to upgrade your motherboard later on.

Overall, a solid build that you should easily be able to upgrade as far as I know!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. This is my first pc build and it took me several attempts to get it to this point. Was just double checking it would be upgradeable. And il read up a bit on the cpu. also got a ssd with the extra cash u saved me. went with the cheapest one because im only putting my operating system on it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube