add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Tardisdood

37 months ago

What do you think Of this build? I plan to stream, and run a dual monitor set up down the road. But an idea of the games I want to play is: Rainbow six siege, Black ops 3, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1,Star wars Battlefront, Overwatch, and H1Z1, and CS Go, GTA V. as well as many more games, and some more games down the road when they come out. Will this build run these games smoothly? Thanks for all the help It is greatly appreciated!

What do you think?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-2tb-hard-drive-black-red/5374308.p?skuId=5374308

I decided to go with a pre built because I'm not confident in my skills to build a pc. I didn't want to screw up and break something lol

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That build comes with a FX-6300 or 8320 which honestly you would be doing a mistake. Go with skylake i5 at this point which will give you much better performance.

I decided to go with a pre built because I'm not confident in my skills to build a pc. I didn't want to screw up and break something lol

Nahh. Just look at videos on youtube. Its fairly easy and you don't have to break anything. Look for videos from carey. They are long (lol), but he is probably the best as he is very detailed which is what you need for first time building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SpXdXdrrBk&t=559s

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $190.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI B150M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $74.99 @ Amazon
Memory GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $67.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $64.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card $379.49 @ SuperBiiz
Case Corsair Carbide SPEC-M2 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $43.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $46.97 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $83.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $983.20
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $953.20
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-21 07:27 EST-0500

If you have any doubts, we are here to help you! :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I was told by a friend not to long ago that at minimum you need 600W for a pc. is this true? Because this build has 450W

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

An 600W power supply is not a minimum requirement for any PC. Depending on the components you will be using, as well as how much overclocking you plan on doing will all add to how high of a wattage you will need for your PC. After a quick glance at the Best Buy product page, it doesn't seem too bad. If you are just looking to walk down to your local store and pick one up off the shelf, you can't go wrong. But as pegotico said, you really should go with an i5 based build if you are comfortable doing it yourself.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I was told by a friend not to long ago that at minimum you need 600W for a pc

Obviously he doesn't have an idea of what he is talking... It depends on your components. You can use a calculator to check...

http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

Because this build has 450W

More than enough for this build and also a good psu.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh! Good! Thanks for the response! Also, I LOVE your profile pic. I love avatar!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube